Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oops... that last post must have been a little too verbose for my readers... sorry. Not one of you proposed what you would have done in my situation - boo hoo!!! *Miss Brisbane throws a few rotten tomatoes and lettuces at the computer screen for dramatic effect* - but I forgive you for your shortcomings because I know time is short for us all and it's a crazy, loco planet we live on. :)

Basically, I called the cops to notify them of what I had seen and to make them aware of the situation. So I can now officially add "Informant" to my list of past active duty. A lady and a man police-person came around to their house about 45 minutes after I'd made the call and from what I could see (no serious neck injuries were sustained by me from all the peeping and spying), the police were obviously satisfied with what they found as they left after no later than 5 minutes. I HOPE that they might have said some kind of comment to the parents though, like "Please don't lock your child out of the house in the dark at 10 at night," or perhaps maybe even words to the effect of "Might not be a good idea to drive off and leave your crying child on the footpath, unattended by any other adult figures in the house." Fingers crossed hey? Things seem to have mellowed out a little in their household since then anyway. So that is good and fills me with relief. I hope nothing dodgy is going on behind closed doors.

Anyway, I knew you were all wanting to find out the conclusion so, yeah... :)

Have a lovely evening. I've just popped home from the nursing home where my beautiful 80 year old grandmother is currently laying in a bed, morphined up to the eyeballs after experiencing quite a big stroke yesterday. Each stolen breath could be her last one and we force ourselves to stop watching the rise and fall of her chest, expecting that either the rise or the fall won't come the next time around. The woman must have a strong heart though because she's still here with us. Anyway, I must now return to the anxious vigil my family is keeping at her bedside.

Savour and enjoy each day as though it was your last - cliché for a reason people.

x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

IF THAT WE'RE ME I WOULD HAVE WENT OVER THERE AND COMFORTED THE LITTLE BOY. THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD HAVE STOOD THERE AND WATCHED THAT HAPPEN WITH THE KID, THIS IS ABUSE HE WILL HAVE FOREVER! IM GLAD THAT YOU CALLED THE POLICE, I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING! PEOPLE LIKE THIS NEED TO BE PUNISHED! THIS IS NOT A PUNISHMENT! THIS IS A TORTURE! BAD PARENTING, PROBABLY HAVE CRACK HEADS LIVING NEXT TO YOU! BUT I READ ALL OF YOUR BLOGS! AND IM INSPIRED BY YOUR HIDDEN IDENTITY TO PROCLAIM LIVING TRUTHS OF YOUR LIFE!

Miss Brisbane said...

Thanks mistermasonca. :)

Just to give you an update, as I have been keeping an eye on things across the road from a distance, it all appears to have stopped. I never hear any crying or screaming or anything like that going on from that house any more. Let's hope it stays that way hey?

Thank you for your comment. :)

x

R. said...

Woah, what happened to your more recent posts? (There were more recent posts, right? I'm not going crazy?)

Anyways. Hi again! I'm just delurking to let you know that I just tagged you - apologies if you've done this one before! Check out my blog to find out what you have to do :)

--xo.