Friday, March 20, 2009

All I'm hearing is *twitter*twitter*twitter*


Honestly, between myspace, facebook, hotmail, twitter... *sigh*

I feel we're doubling up here a little... oui? Non? Interested to hear YOUR thoughts on the matter.

I deleted my myspace account many moons ago... it seemed an obsolete concept once facebook came along.

Obviously I will keep my hotmail account for professional reasons, i.e. emailing my real estate agent when I need my rent debit to be postponed.

I like having my facebook account as it seems to fulfil that virtual social network which I believe was the intention of it's creation. And you get to see people's photo albums which is great.

But... I can't wrap my head around twitter. Can you not twitter your thoughts throughout the day (if you were so inclined) on facebook via your 'status updates'?

As I said, interested to hear your thoughts on that one.

3 comments:

Anniek said...

Hi - Just cruising through the Brisbane blogs on Blogger and found this one (I'm from Brisbane as well).

Your post caught my eye because I've been pondering over Facebook and Twitter as well lately.

Even though I've had a Twitter account since it started, I've rarely used it. I suppose maybe because I'm not really a "status update every ten minutes" kind of gal. And like you mentioned - that can be done in Facebook.

Actually, I don't really get that kind of rampant status updating on Facebook either.

I really like the concept of Facebook - an online hub where we can all keep in contact and up to date. Share photos and little bits of our lives with our nearest and dearest. That part of it is really cool.

The constant requests to be someones best friend, join someones group, accept flowers, teddy bears, sex on the rocks, drinks, quizzes, smiles, hugs, kisses etc. etc. etc.....does my head in though.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

It's a real shame you stopped blogging and didn't post that much when you did. You have a nice style, and you drew me in, even with only those few posts. I think you should come back!

Alexi Frest said...

I love these social sites. This way I've found a dearly beloved friend about whom I haven't really heard for years. I dare say I was zealous to find him.

Mina Jade